Pechant Telec is a leading IT service and solutions provider, servicing businesses of all sizes, from small to medium and large corporate enterprises. We pride ourselves on quality service, dependable results and reliable fast responses when support is required.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, tech savvy and customer focused Network Engineer to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in network engineering, preferably with a networking certification, along with outstanding customer service skills and strong problem-solving abilities.
Joining our team as a customer service advisor will give you the potential to develop, grow and achieve your career goals, we have a dedicated annual training budget, and often sponsor our dedicated team members to pursue further certification and qualifications! We also offer some other great benefits, but we will go into that further down.
Essential experience, skills & attributes
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a network engineer role.
- Educational background in either IT, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer science or engineering related field
- Network+, CCNA, CCNP and Comp/TIA certification would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of security systems, network switches, firewalls etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong command on English.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good problem-solving abilities, able to think out-of-the-box to find viable solutions.
- Able to work either individually or as part of a team to get the job done.
- Knowledgeable about various types of hardware such as printers, modems and telephones, along with in-depth knowledge of various computer operating systems such as windows and Linux.
The Role & What you’ll do.
- Attend customers office/work sites to troubleshoot and diagnose network problems.
- Provide telephone support to customers to troubleshoot and fix network errors remotely where possible.
- Identify and resolve customer network issues and take remedial action as required, e.g. new switches to be installed/replaced etc.
- Ensure the security of company and client’s networks, completing updates and upgrades where needed.
- Provide a courteous, customer focused service to our clients.
- Escalate errors or problems that do not relate to networks to the relevant departments.
- Work with various hardware and software as per the customer’s needs.
- Prepare service/repair reports after repairs or services have been completed and update the company EPR system to enable proper invoicing.
- Order required parts, such as switches, wiring etc to complete service and repairs as needed.
- Ensure alignment with the changing world of IT and tech by staying up to date with emerging trends, tech and news.
So.. We told you we offer some great benefits, right?! Below, we detail what they are…
Our company prides itself on great service, not only to our clients, but also to our team members, you are the heart of the company, and we promise to provide a supportive, diverse and dynamic working environment for you.
We also know your personal time is important, that is why we offer 21 days paid annual leave per year.
Want to prosper? Pechant is the place to do it! We set aside an annual budget dedicated to the training, development and betterment of our staff, so if you want to progress into programming or management position, we will help you achieve your career goals through our internal and external training and certification programs.
We want all of our employee’s to be happy, and love coming to work, we are currently working on some employee incentives and would love input from new team members, in the works so far, we have free coffee on a Friday, and quarterly performance bonuses! We would love to hear what would make YOUR life easier and welcome suggestions for the employee incentives scheme!